Part 3 of the Series:
Low fat dogma, cholesterol myth
- Dietary cholesterol has low impact on blood cholesterol levels
- The liver is responsible for producing cholesterol on its own
- Not all ldl is bad. You want big fluffy ldl particles.
- vldl and triglycerides are a better indicator of poor blood work
- Excessive carb consumption raises vldl and triglycerides
- 6+ months on keto and blood work was perfect
- Gov’t has vindicated cholesterol and to some extent sat fat
- How did we get here? Ancel Keyes – Seven Countries Study
- Cholesterol used by every cell in the body
- Statins? No reduction in mortality
- Statins can cause cognitive issues due to low cholesterol
- Sat fat promotes testosterone production. Also keeps you satisfied.