Getting You Up To Speed
As a new member of CrossFit Dynamo, our objective is to prove our value to you! The only way to do that is to take stock of where you are currently, understand where you want to be, determine what might hinder your progress, and finally give you the tools to allow you to help yourself as much as the coaching staff does! This is a multi-step process that goes something like this:
1) We’ll sit down and talk about your goals and aspirations. Find out your “Why.”
If you’re experienced, we’ll shoot you right into the workouts. However, if you’re new to CrossFit, you’ll be asked to take our 3 hour Foundational’s Course so that we can:
2) take some measurements. Nobody likes this part, but it’s normally one of the reasons you’ve come to see us.
3) put you through a battery of movement tests (our Functional Movement Screening) to see what’s working well and what might need some work so that you can achieve CrossFit greatness, or at least, OK-ness. We may need to give you some pre-work and/or homework so that you get into safe positions while exercising.
4) teach you the moves,
5) start benchmarking your current work capacity, and
6) answer your nutrition questions and give you a basic understanding of what to eat and what not to to reach your goals.
In about 30 days, we’ll check on your work capacity to show you that your work is paying off. Normally, we find 25 to 40% increased capacity in that first month alone! It’s pretty amazing and quite fulfilling to you when you achieve it!
In 2-3 months, we’ll take our first measurements so you can see progress there, should that be a goal. From there, you’ll monitor a lot of your own progress. The more consistently you come, the quicker the results!