November 2015 Newsletter
Lots going on/changing around here (what you get for me having too much down time), so please read through to the end. Who knows, I might make you famous! 😉
- Now that I don’t have any more excuses, it’s time to honor the cause of feeding our local community! I’m giving a burpee for every non-perishable item we collect between now and Saturday, November 21st at high noon! On that day, we’ll be taking in frozen turkeys as well, along with all the cans/boxes you deliver to Food For Thought, Inc! We will have a place at the double doors for you to drop off your food! Make sure your food goesinto the “New” pile rather than the “counted” pile. Our record-breaking goal is 2,200 items (Vienna sausages count ½, and I’m feeling some kind of way about ramen noodles). That’ll be well over a ton of food donated!
- We’re re-introducing the 10:30am WoD again. The 9:30am WoD will be of the same ilk you’re used to, constantly varied that fits the rest of the week’s programming. The 10:30am is now known as the “Bring a Friend” Benchmark which will especially for first-time CrossFitters. It’ll be the same WoD every Saturday: Deadlift Review and the CFD Benchmark WoD in 3 flavors:
- Beginner: 200m Run, 3 Cindy’s, 200m Run For Time
- Moderate: 200m Run, 5 Cindy’s, 200m Run For Time
- The Original: 400m Run, 5 Cindy’s, 400m Run For Time
We have a hard time re-testing you guys when you first get here to see your gains. This should help. If you bring a friend, you get the WoD for free! Of course, it’s free for your friend’s first visit as well! You’re still welcome to come see how well you’ve done on your own as well! Starts this Saturday!
- The first 3 members to take advantage of the “Bring a Friend” WoD will get a $15 Gift Certification to the WoDLife!
- We’re going to be creating some packets that outline all the goodness that is CFD by the double doors. Feel free to pick them up and give them to friends as you see fit!
- We’re going to be adding by appointment only “No Sweat” Intro 30-60 minute session for any members or prospects. Set a time with John to go over measurements, short/long term goals, talk philosophy of what makes CFD stand out, or whatever’s on your mind. It’s free, so take advantage of it! Share with your friends that are curious but not ready to take a class!
- We’re going to be creating some short vids highlighting what makes CFD special. If you want to be a part of it (in front or behind the camera), let me know. I’d like all shapes, sizes, and ages.
- Anyone interested in being the Box Photograher? We don’t do a great job of catching all the cool stuff that happens here b/c the coaches are more interested in coaching and keeping you safe. If you’re interested in helping with that, let me know!
- Congrats to our Burpee Challenge Peeps! Getting through today, the 27th, you’ve done 630 burpees so far and are 12% of our goal! Stay Strong!
- I know Community is everything here at CFD. However, if you or your CrossFit-fearing friends would like Elite 1-on-1 coaching time with me or our staff, we’re available, able, and ready to help! Email Coach for more information or to get signed up!