Part 5 of the Series:
Trace minerals, anti-nutrients
- Travel time, light, heat destroy micro nutrients
- When stored at 68 degrees, Spinach lost 47% of its folate in 4 days
- When stored at 39 degrees, it lost 53% of it folate after about a week
- Antinutrients are found in some foods blocking the absorption of micro nutrients.
- Some examples: Wheat, Beans, Soy, Peanuts to name a few.
- Paleo can cause the following defiencies: B7, calcium, chromium
- SAD: A,D,E,K,calcium,iodine,magnesium,zinc, omega-3
- Stress depletes: page 108
- NSAIDs B9, C, iron, zinc
Dangers associated with GMO/glyphosphate
- GMOs allow high use of round up.
- Round up binds to minerals in the soil so that weeds cannot grow.
- Minerals such as, manganese, copper, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium, and zinc
- Endocrine disruption, dna damage, birth defects, neurological disorders, and cancer
- GMOs have higher anti nutrients, namely lectins, to enhance pest and fungal resistance.
- Less nutritious then organic
- Unknown consequences of DNA splicing