The coronavirus is creating a lot of fear, uncertainty, and doubt, but there are many bright spots. Here are just a couple:
- You’ve prioritized your health and fitness. You’ve committed to being prepared physically for the unknown and the unknowable! Relative to the world as a whole, you’re stronger and healthier, and you have a mental toughness earned through consistent training. Your odds of contracting it or being affected by it seriously is remote. It wants no part of you.
- We’ve had time to prepare. While gyms in Italy and Denmark have been shut down, we have time to plan. We are very prepared to help our members stay fit as governments work to manage the pandemic including the following IF we’re unable to conduct classes at CrossFit Dyanmo:
- Daily In-Home Workouts Programming (both with equipment and body-weight only)
- Coach-led, Web-based video conference classes so that we continue to watch your form, customize your workouts and answer your questions, and
- Weekly Community Townhalls so that we continue to connect and discuss the latest events!
General Procedures For Now
In the short term, please observe the following:
- Most important of all: Don’t come to the gym if you are feeling ill or have disease symptoms. If you are unwell but want to train, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your equipment list and a description of your space. We’ll get you moving. Please plan to use this option to train at home if you are under the weather.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and lots of soap. Scrub and sing “The ABC Song” to make sure you’re washing long enough. Don’t touch your face.
- If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue or an elbow.
- Thoroughly clean any equipment you touch. All cleaning supplies will be on hand. We’ll be instructing you to do so at the beginning and end of class, just as a gentle reminder.
- We are bleaching the facility nightly as well as maintaining the barbells to ensure they remain serviceable.
If we must close, we will not stop providing you with coaching, programming and inspiration. We will use the internet to program and instruct workouts. We take a lot of pride in being a rock for our members, and we’ll make sure you keep working out even if the government wants you to do it at home. You pay us for coaching, and we will deliver it without interruption.
We will program workouts every day, with precise instruction. We’ll tell you how to use household items, and we’ll leverage technology to coach you. We are more than prepared for this.
We sincerely hope to avoid any government-mandated closures, but we are prepared for everything.
You will be taken care of. We’ll show the exact same enthusiasm and care over the internet. You won’t get a physical fist bump after a great workout, but our emoji game is very, very strong.