Who? You and your teammate
Where? Everywhere! The Challenge will involve all aspects of your current day to day Life!
What? Our First Body Transformation Challenge! The objective of the challenge is two-fold:
- Change your body positively by more tightly controlled food intake (types, not quantity) and high intensity workouts, and
- Making you more aware of what goes into your body and how it affects your body and your workouts.
- Teams will be made of 2-3 people. Total points will be divided by the number of teammates to find the average metric for each team. Make sure you have phone numbers/emails to keep up with each other’s progress and support each other. YOU MUST COMPETE AS A TEAM TO WIN!!!!
- There will be a $20/team member buy-in. The teams (1st, 2nd, and 3rd places) who exhibits the greatest improvement in the challenge period win percentages of the pot to split along with CF Dynamo swag! Also, the top individual winners that takes advantage of the Dunk Truck in both October AND November win a Dunk Truck t-shirt. And all women 1.5% body fat and men losing 2.5% body fat during the period and using the Dunk Truck will receive $10 off a future dunk!
- Your team will be scored according to three criteria: body composition (a simple test, not the Dunk Truck, unless you decide to use that option), physical improvement, and effort. Rudimentary Body composition will be be determined using body weight and waist circumference, using the scale at the box. Weigh in will be at the start of the Challenge, Monday, October 27th. So please plan on coming in on Monday to be apart. There’s going to be a benchmark set of WoD as well.
- Attendance: Having an active lifestyle is a large part of making this transformation, therefore you will receive 1 point per day you attend class during the Challenge. But, rest, is important as well, so each team member can only earn up to 5 attendance points per week. Stay on each other to GET TO CLASS!
- Effort: Each Monday of the Challenge, you will be able to earn points for your team. All scoring will be done on a team average, so your team’s total for the Monday WoDs will be divided by the number of people on your team whether everyone competes that Monday or not. SO, be sure to GET TO CLASS ON MONDAYS and encourage your teammates to do the same! Your effort metric will be determined by your time and the amount of difficulty you do the WoD with (Rx’d versus scaled). Amount of weight will be proportional to your score along with Rounds and Reps, while time-based WoDs will be inversely proportional to your score (quicker times will equal more points).
- Body Transformation: Your starting and ending body composition will also be a component and should be a good indicator of how hard you’ve been working AND how clean you’ve been eating. The formula for this component will simply be your starting waist measure minus your ending waist measurement over your starting waist measure to find the percentage change.
- Food / Sleep Journal: What you’re putting into your body and how much daily rest you are getting are also of importance to how your body performs. For each complete food/sleep journal of each teammate during the challenge, your team will earn 5 points. So, the total points for the team, will be divided by the number of team members. Since nobody’s perfect, at least 90% of the days must be entered for your journal to be considered complete.
Using Supplements as part of the Challenge
It’s quite legal to add supplements such as the 24 Day Challenge in concert with this Challenge, as any and all healthy transformations will be rewarded. See Coach John if you have any questions.
How to Eat Correctly
We believe in eating Paleo at CF Dynamo. The short version is simply these 13 words: “Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar.” For a more in-depth look at the Paleo diet, click on Paleo 101.
Ever Evolving Hints, Tips, FAQs and Resources
- Why Paleo? In the effort to constantly optimize health and performance we, in the CrossFit community in particular, have seen a shift toward eating the way our ancestors did. CFD and other CrossFit boxes put on Paleo Challenges to let the diet speak for itself.
- Can I eat pizza and drink beer? You can do whatever you want. Neither of those constitute Paleo fare, however. Educate yourself, think about what you want out of your life and your training and then go get it.
- Is this hard to do? In the grand scheme of things, no. It takes willpower, knowledge and application. All 3 are up to you.
- Your Coach’s are not nutritionists nor do they pretend to be. Educate yourself. Here are some GREAT places to start: