Day 72 of the 100-Day Burpee Challenge
Group: Review the Bear Complex movements
MOB: Shoulders and Wrists for Front Rack
Wod: “THE BEAR COMPLEX WOD”
7 Sets of the following sequence:
1 Power Clean
1 Front Squat
1 Push Press
1 Back Squat
1 Push Press
5 Rounds with rest between rounds to load up.
There are several versions of the Bear Complex. We will be using the CrossFit HQ version. The goal is to work up to max load on the 5th round. There will be no time component for this WOD but all classes will end as scheduled.
Break up or combine the movements any way as long as the following rules are met:
• NO RESTING ON THE GROUND (even to re-grip) during each round. Rest on front or back rack or on thighs. If you have to drop it, give me 5 burpees before you pick the bar up again.
• Power Cleans starts at the ground and finishes standing with full hip extension
• Squat Cleans or DeadLifting to Hang Power Cleans are acceptable
• The squats have to go BELOW parallel
• Presses finish with lockout overhead, Push Jerks are acceptable
• Combining Front Squat and Push Press (i.e. Thrusters) is acceptable but if Squat Clean method is used, one must stand first before doing Thrusters.
MOB: Roll Quads and Hams
Coach’s Tip: Add weight every set and start with less weight than you might think.